Max and our staff operate at all times showing due regard to global and local environment considerations and issues. As a company
- We adopt an approach of ‘reduce, re-use and recycle’ in our consumption of resources
- We minimise the production of waste, and dispose of all wastes which are not practicable for recycle through safe and reasonable methods
- We educate, inform and instruct staff to enable them to complete tasks with increased environmental awareness and decreased environmental detriment
- We acknowledge and abide by our legal responsibilities and fulfilling our duty of care to employees, customers, partners and the general public
- We minimise air, land and water pollution and, where such pollution is identified, effectively remedying the situation
- We ensure that the daily operation of the company does not constitute a nuisance to others
- We ensure that our partners and suppliers conform to their own environmental policies.
- We encourage staff to utilize public transport wherever possible
- We schedule collection of client material in such a way as to maximize the number of pick-ups in any given trip.
- We order supplies in bulk so as to minimize the number of supplier deliveries
- We use boxes and packaging that are made from recyclable materials
- Where travel to meetings is impracticable using public transport, as many staff as possible will travel in the same vehicle
- We ensure that unused equipment, lighting, heating is switched off, especially overnight.
I have worked with Max Communications and the team for some years. In recent work with their Archivematica iteration in the College Archives and Corporate Records Unit, and other digital work required by varying cohorts in Imperial, Max Communications have been responsive, innovative and demonstrated great problem-solving abilities. The Max Communications team, from the top down, is approachable, friendly and keen to help.
An example is in their engagement for some major confidential scanning projects. The projects were discussed, scoped and agreed to a high standard of hand scanning. Benchmarking was agreed to our satisfaction when the project started, with a fast progress time for the work. They provided rapid access to files, including digitising out of sequence, e.g. one such turn around for hand scanning, editing and proofing a large file was within 3 hours. The digital delivery was by secure online transfer, and the hard disks and hard copy delivered securely by courier.
On a lighter note, digitisation of 1960s academic cine film was carried out promptly and to a high standard, such that it can be reshown at a major conference--Anne Barrett | College Archivist & Corporate Records Manager | Imperial College London